Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boston Here I Come


I can't believe I am really doing this. I have been training since February 1, with two other friends that are going to Boston. Betty is my running partner from my last marathon who had already qualified when we ran the Nike in San Francisco. Kelly is another qualifier from Modesto who we met through Shadowchase Running Club. It has been a lot of fun and a lot of work training with them. My race is on Monday April 20th at 10:30 am. I am excited and a little frightened. Hopefully, my training will pay off and I can do this.

I am excited that Bob, Kelly, Jon and Whitney are all going back to Boston with me. It means so much to me to have some Family there. If you think about me on Monday, I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts.

Thanks for all your support

If you're wondering where I am in the pack, you can track me at the Boston Marathon on April 20th.

My BIB # is 19090
Boston Marathon Web Site is: http://www.baa.org/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Janice....run with the wind....I know you will do great...just remember how much hard work it took to get there...I'll be praying for you...John and Jeanette :)

Bridgit said...

I'm so excited for you. Frances and I were thinking about you the other day saying, 'isn't Boston coming up soon for Janice?' I will be thinking about you and praying for you that day. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you did!!

Jan said...

Yaaaaa hooooooooooo!!!!! I'm cheering for you. What a trip.
Blessings and Prayers, Jan

JEANETTE said...

WOW, jANICE ...GREAT RACE GETTING 8TH IN YOUR AGE GROUP. WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU...JEANETTE