Friday, October 17, 2008

Countdown to the BIG DAY!

Race day is finally here. All these months of training and preparing...with all the ups, the downs, and all the setbacks... I am going for it. In two days I will be running a marathon! A marathon!!

We had our final meeting last night and received all the details of the race. I will be 1 of 24,000 women running on Sunday. It's hard to imagine what that's going to be like. I've been calmer than I thought I was going to be...it probably helps that I try not to think about it too much. I finally have a real peace about the whole race and it's because of the overwhelming support and prayers I've received from all of you. You will never realize what a tremendous help you've been and how much it means to me. I know I'll be too anxious to sleep on Saturday night, which is probably not a good thing considering we have to meet at 4:00 am to catch our bus to the starting area. I'll have a lot of "standing around trying not to psych myself out" time before the race. If you think of me on Sunday morning, keep me in your prayers... that I won't get too anxious and I'll be able to finish strong.

Betsy had a setback this week and we really need to keep her in our prayers. She had her last chemotherapy session two weeks ago, but last Tuesday was admitted into the hospital. She was running a high fever and her white blood cell count was almost nothing. She is extremely weak and very anemic. I talked to her last Friday before she became so ill and, as always, her attitude is amazing. She's a fighter. I will be thinking of her on Sunday morning, and if I have half the fight I've seen in her and so many incredible people...well, it's going to be an amazing race. :)

See you at the finish line!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Janice!
I know you're going to amazing on Sunday! Thank you for being such a blessing to my family.

Anonymous said...

I love you Janice and I'm praying for you. What an amazing story you have and will continue to have.